HOME is seeking a Homeownership Administrative Specialist to perform loan processing, loan servicing and some case management for its down payment and closing cost assistance program. The ideal candidate has excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently with close attention to detail. Good time management and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks is required. Proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel is also required. Knowledge of basic mortgage loan administration and loan processing practices is preferred. Experience with down payment and closing cost assistance programs is a plus; and experience with Access is a plus. HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
To apply, send cover letter with salary history, and resume by 5pm June 26, 2017 to: jobs (at) homeofva.org put Homeownership Administrative Specialist in subject line.
HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
Universal Performance Standards: All HOME employees are expected to exemplify the following standards and principles:
- Eliminating Racism: Exemplify HOME’s commitment to social justice and to the dismantling of racism in all activities
- Commitment to Fair Housing: Regardless of their position, cooperate fully in assisting the Center for Fair Housing in the investigation of housing discrimination when requested.
- Commitment to Fund Development: Cooperate fully in appropriate fund development activities of the agency, including the appropriate management of key constituent relationships
- Leadership: Demonstrate integrity; take initiative; look for and accept responsibility; be a creative problem solver; recognize the contributions of others and help build consensus. Staff members are also expected to maintains a positive attitude and keep personal issues out of the workplace.
- Teamwork: In recognition of the matrixed nature of HOME, demonstrate a commitment and ability to effectively work in a variety of work teams; establish and maintain effective working relationships; show respect for and support others and work cooperatively. Each staff member is expected to utilize a wide variety of skills across programmatic lines and appropriately and effectively coordinate activities with other departments.
- Communication: Effectively and positively communicate with a variety of people in the workplace.
- Professionalism: Adhere to established personnel policies and work standards. Maintain a professional demeanor; handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; listen to others; maintain excellent oral and written self expression; represent themselves and the organization well in public.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate a commitment to, maintain high standards and practices of top quality customer service and adhere to the customer service standards established by the organization.
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge relative to the position; maintains a high degree of knowledge about HOME and it programs and look for ways to enhance skills. Each staff member is expected to have a basic working knowledge about the use of technology including computers and voicemail.
- Planning/Analysis/Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems, weigh consequences and make appropriate decisions.
- Use of Time: Is punctual, makes good use of time while in the office and does not spend excessive work time on personal matters
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches, able to compromise, responds to unscheduled requests
- Reliability: can be relied upon by co-workers and supervisors to complete tasks well and on time, works independently.