Foreclosure Prevention Housing Specialist
To provide comprehensive counseling services to help families in Virginia prevent the loss of housing through foreclosure. Duties includes: intake, assessment, service planning, individual counseling, case management; facilitation of group education sessions and community outreach, with an emphasis on default, foreclosure prevention and the avoidance of predatory lending. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3 plus experience delivering housing counseling services; a strong background in loss mitigation and mortgage lending practices; financial literacy education experience and an understanding of the mortgage lending process, and MS Office skills. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus. To apply, send cover letter with salary history, and resume by 5pm on August 21, 2017 to : jobs(at)homeofva.org. Put Housing Specialist-Foreclosure Prevention in the subject line. HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
Customer Service Support Professional – Administrative Team
HOME seeks a full-time Customer Service Support Professional to advance the mission of HOME by providing: reception, front desk and overall clerical and administrative support of HOME’s programs and services. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years related experience, nonprofit experience a plus. Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment. Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision. Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment. Interest in and commitment to HOME’s mission is helpful. To apply, send cover letter with salary history, and resume by 5pm on August 14, 2017 to: jobs (at) homeofva.org. Put Customer Service Support Professional in subject line.
HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
Universal Performance Standards: All HOME employees are expected to exemplify the following standards and principles:
- Eliminating Racism: Exemplify HOME’s commitment to social justice and to the dismantling of racism in all activities
- Commitment to Fair Housing: Regardless of their position, cooperate fully in assisting the Center for Fair Housing in the investigation of housing discrimination when requested.
- Commitment to Fund Development: Cooperate fully in appropriate fund development activities of the agency, including the appropriate management of key constituent relationships
- Leadership: Demonstrate integrity; take initiative; look for and accept responsibility; be a creative problem solver; recognize the contributions of others and help build consensus. Staff members are also expected to maintains a positive attitude and keep personal issues out of the workplace.
- Teamwork: In recognition of the matrixed nature of HOME, demonstrate a commitment and ability to effectively work in a variety of work teams; establish and maintain effective working relationships; show respect for and support others and work cooperatively. Each staff member is expected to utilize a wide variety of skills across programmatic lines and appropriately and effectively coordinate activities with other departments.
- Communication: Effectively and positively communicate with a variety of people in the workplace.
- Professionalism: Adhere to established personnel policies and work standards. Maintain a professional demeanor; handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; listen to others; maintain excellent oral and written self expression; represent themselves and the organization well in public.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate a commitment to, maintain high standards and practices of top quality customer service and adhere to the customer service standards established by the organization.
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge relative to the position; maintains a high degree of knowledge about HOME and it programs and look for ways to enhance skills. Each staff member is expected to have a basic working knowledge about the use of technology including computers and voicemail.
- Planning/Analysis/Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems, weigh consequences and make appropriate decisions.
- Use of Time: Is punctual, makes good use of time while in the office and does not spend excessive work time on personal matters
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches, able to compromise, responds to unscheduled requests
- Reliability: can be relied upon by co-workers and supervisors to complete tasks well and on time, works independently.