communications and outreach specialist
HOME is seeking a communications and outreach specialist to join our communications team. Duties include: outreach at fairs and events, creation of content and design for a dynamic website and social media, creation of engaging videos, graphic design of print materials, proof read and edit as needed; project manage events for grant deliverables, and assist in our overall outreach and communications plans. Duties do change and, as in any communications role, flexibility is a must to adjust to an ever-changing priorities and duties list. A passion for our mission and nonprofit work a must. To apply, send resume and any samples to show your talents to: jobs @ HOMEofVA.org with “CO Specialist” in subject line. Deadline to apply is March 13, 2018.
HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
Universal Performance Standards: All HOME employees are expected to exemplify the following standards and principles:
- Eliminating Racism: Exemplify HOME’s commitment to social justice and to the dismantling of racism in all activities
- Commitment to Fair Housing: Regardless of their position, cooperate fully in assisting the Center for Fair Housing in the investigation of housing discrimination when requested.
- Commitment to Fund Development: Cooperate fully in appropriate fund development activities of the agency, including the appropriate management of key constituent relationships
- Leadership: Demonstrate integrity; take initiative; look for and accept responsibility; be a creative problem solver; recognize the contributions of others and help build consensus. Staff members are also expected to maintains a positive attitude and keep personal issues out of the workplace.
- Teamwork: In recognition of the matrixed nature of HOME, demonstrate a commitment and ability to effectively work in a variety of work teams; establish and maintain effective working relationships; show respect for and support others and work cooperatively. Each staff member is expected to utilize a wide variety of skills across programmatic lines and appropriately and effectively coordinate activities with other departments.
- Communication: Effectively and positively communicate with a variety of people in the workplace.
- Professionalism: Adhere to established personnel policies and work standards. Maintain a professional demeanor; handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; listen to others; maintain excellent oral and written self expression; represent themselves and the organization well in public.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate a commitment to, maintain high standards and practices of top quality customer service and adhere to the customer service standards established by the organization.
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge relative to the position; maintains a high degree of knowledge about HOME and it programs and look for ways to enhance skills. Each staff member is expected to have a basic working knowledge about the use of technology including computers and voicemail.
- Planning/Analysis/Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems, weigh consequences and make appropriate decisions.
- Use of Time: Is punctual, makes good use of time while in the office and does not spend excessive work time on personal matters
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches, able to compromise, responds to unscheduled requests
- Reliability: can be relied upon by co-workers and supervisors to complete tasks well and on time, works independently.