Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Virginia is seeking a Vice President and Chief Operations Officer. Duties include: ensuring internal operations meet critical organizational and funder objectives and enhancing HOME’s culture to create a supportive workplace environment of individual and collective joyful success. The VP-COO plans, develops, and implements policies and objectives to ensure HOME meets our short and long-term strategic, operational, service, financial, and quality performance goals. Salary commensurate with experience, HOME offers excellent benefits and work environment. A passion for our civil rights mission and nonprofit work a must. To apply: send cover letter and resume; names and contact information for 3 references; and 1-3 page writing sample to: jobs @ HOMEofVA.org with “VP - COO” in subject line. Position remains open until filled. First review of applications will begin April 20, 2018. See full job description here.
HOME is an equal opportunity employer with an accessible workplace.
Universal Performance Standards: All HOME employees are expected to exemplify the following standards and principles:
- Eliminating Racism: Exemplify HOME’s commitment to social justice and to the dismantling of racism in all activities
- Commitment to Fair Housing: Regardless of their position, cooperate fully in assisting the Center for Fair Housing in the investigation of housing discrimination when requested.
- Commitment to Fund Development: Cooperate fully in appropriate fund development activities of the agency, including the appropriate management of key constituent relationships
- Leadership: Demonstrate integrity; take initiative; look for and accept responsibility; be a creative problem solver; recognize the contributions of others and help build consensus. Staff members are also expected to maintains a positive attitude and keep personal issues out of the workplace.
- Teamwork: In recognition of the matrixed nature of HOME, demonstrate a commitment and ability to effectively work in a variety of work teams; establish and maintain effective working relationships; show respect for and support others and work cooperatively. Each staff member is expected to utilize a wide variety of skills across programmatic lines and appropriately and effectively coordinate activities with other departments.
- Communication: Effectively and positively communicate with a variety of people in the workplace.
- Professionalism: Adhere to established personnel policies and work standards. Maintain a professional demeanor; handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; listen to others; maintain excellent oral and written self expression; represent themselves and the organization well in public.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate a commitment to, maintain high standards and practices of top quality customer service and adhere to the customer service standards established by the organization.
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge relative to the position; maintains a high degree of knowledge about HOME and it programs and look for ways to enhance skills. Each staff member is expected to have a basic working knowledge about the use of technology including computers and voicemail.
- Planning/Analysis/Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems, weigh consequences and make appropriate decisions.
- Use of Time: Is punctual, makes good use of time while in the office and does not spend excessive work time on personal matters
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches, able to compromise, responds to unscheduled requests
- Reliability: can be relied upon by co-workers and supervisors to complete tasks well and on time, works independently.