Move To Opportunity
Your neighborhood can affect your opportunity to work, your choice of schools, access to healthy foods, and more.
Our Move to Opportunity Program helps those with Housing Choice Vouchers rent housing in neighborhoods of opportunity. We provide one-on-one counseling services to empower you and your family with the knowledge and tools to be good tenants. We work closely with landlords in areas of opportunity to help you find a home in a neighborhood that is right for you and your family. We even follow up to provide support to families and landlords after housing has been secured.
How Does the Program Work?
- A housing counselor will help you during your housing search
Counselors will work with you one-on-one to help prepare you for the transition.
- We work closely with landlords to accept your Housing Choice Voucher
HOME will educate and train landlords who may not be familiar with Housing Choice Vouchers. We provide guidance through the leasing process, ensure necessary documentation is completed, and make sure the lease is fair.
- We will assist with any issues that arise with the landlord.
A HOME staff member will work with housing providers to ensure any problems or concerns are addressed.
- We will help you create personalized goals and action plans if needed.
HOME can help you with money management, credit recovery, and even help you plan for future homeownership.
- We provide follow-ups after your move.
For up to a year after your move, HOME will continue to check in and provide assistance & supportive services where needed.
- There is no cost to participate in the program!
HOME is a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. As a non-profit provider, all our consumer services are provided free.