Housing Opportunities Made Equal’s Move to Opportunity Program can help families with a current Housing Choice Voucher find new housing choices with better opportunities in better communities in the Richmond, Va. region.
The Move to Opportunity Program, directed by HOME, is about doing just what its name suggests: helping families with Housing Choice Vouchers move to neighborhoods with better opportunities for you and your family. Where you live impacts nearly every facet of your life including where you work, where you shop for groceries, and where your children go to school. Simply being closer to your job, or having your children enrolled in a good school can make all the difference in your quality of life. By working closely with landlords, and by empowering you with knowledge and tools to become a good tenant, we can help ensure you find a home in a neighborhood that is right for you and your family.
- Provide a counselor to help you during your housing search
-Counselors will work individually to help prepare you for your transition.
- Work closely with landlords to accept your Housing Choice Voucher
- HOME will be providing education and training for landlords who may not be familiar with Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Provide guidance through the leasing process
- HOME will help ensure all necessary documentation is completed and that the lease is fair.
- Assist with issues that may arise with your landlord
- A HOME staff member will work with housing providers to ensure any problems or concerns are addressed.
- Create personalized goals and action plans
- HOME can help you with money management, credit recovery, and even help you plan for future homeownership.
- Provide follow up and supportive services
-For up to a year after your move, HOME will continue to check in and provide assistance where needed.
Don’t miss this great opportunity, call now for more information about this program and other housing services.
804.354.0641 ext. 135
VA Relay: 711
or download the packet and mail it back to us to get started.
HOME is a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. As a non-profit provider, all our consumer services are provided free.